Adulting In A Bus

 

Hello people! 


Its 2023! You already know that. Well, this year is slightly different than the 21 years I have spent because, this year I get a taste of adulthood. Trust me, I am not a huge fan of growing up. I am still into Disney, chocolate milk and tiffins. Adulthood in a new country can be difficult and slightly funny. 


I came to Canada not knowing what weed smells like and now I only smell weed. I miss what Pune smells like- pollution, piss and paan. But, the scent is growing on me or maybe it’s just high me talking because of all the passive smoking I’ve done this past month. 


Every time you enter a new place and are surrounded by new people, you can’t help but notice the differences we posses. How different every culture is, how everyone has been brought up, the perspective people grew up with and how we are all walking stories.  Maybe that’s why people enjoy moving and travelling so much. It’s an insightful change. 


Everyday on my way to college I come across a lot of different people and sometimes, some of them really make you believe that good people do exist. We are a part of a generation that screams about equality, but does equality in every aspect of life really exist? Are we truly brought up to look at everyone the same way? Either we put ourselves on a pedestal or we put someone else on a pedestal and it’s an endless staircase of individuals so lost in their own land of superficial criteria that we do forget about humanity.  


I saw a guy is his sixties maybe, he was quietly observing a homeless guy sitting right in front of him. He noticed something no one did. That guy was shivering. He offered him his jacket when he just had a T-shirt and a pullover on him which I know wasn’t that warm but he was willing to comfort someone and didn’t care about the discomfort he’d go through himself. He didn’t need a Thank You or any kind of gratitude, it was pretty evident all he wanted was for the other guy to be warm. I saw all of this and was so happy. One act of kindness is all you need sometimes. 


Now, you know I am a sucker for love stories and I love old people in love even more. Almost every single day there’s this couple that’s on my bus and trust me when I say this but they’re the perfect weird people in love. They’re In their own world laughing, being goofy and taking care of each other and to top it off they’re getting married soon. Yes, I listen to their conversations. The lady is in her fifties and the guy is around seventy five and can barely hear a word she says. Their conversations are loud and random but he just wants to listen to her and she patiently waits as he completes his sentence. He will randomly get up and muster a dance on the bus and she prefaces it by saying “we have a wild monkey on the bus” they laugh together with smiles so big you can make out they can’t afford dental insurance and they’re happy. At least in that moment they’re happy. 


If there’s one thing I love about growing up is the ability to finally truly understand what’s going on around me, its the ability to finally live the perks that maturity has for you and the world is completely different. It’s surprising everyday and it’s beautiful everyday. 


That’s it for my ramble. 

See you next time. 

P.s: sending magic vibes from North America to you.

Comments

Popular Posts